Overview of role
Managing teams and projects in line with a private, public or voluntary organisation's operational or departmental strategy.
5 (equivalent to foundation degree)
What apprentices will learn
- operational management principles - including operational planning, contingency planning and continuous improvement
- business management principles - including business development, business finance, sales and marketing
- project management - including business change, prioritisation techniques and time, resource and risk management
- performance management - including achieving targets, delivering objectives and setting KPIs
- leadership and management techniques - including coaching and mentoring, delegation, decision making, recruitment and problem solving
- relationship management - including negotiation and networking skills and partner, stakeholder and supplier management
- communications - including active listening, interpersonal skills, report writing and digital, verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
ILM Level 5 Diploma for Leaders and Managers
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace and at one of our fully equipped training centres around the country. The apprentice gains the knowledge, skills and experience for managing teams and projects in line with an organisation's operational or departmental strategy.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent training advisors. The programme is a blended combination of on the job tuition plus off the job master classes, workshops, e-learning content and professional discussions.
Additional training may be included such as short courses in mentoring, speaking and listening skills or giving presentations as appropriate.
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Apprentices will be able to register as full members of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Apprentices with 3 years management experience will be able to apply for chartered manager status through the CMI.