This course demonstrates how a mentoring approach can personally develop the people in your team, discover how through a semi-structured guidance system, sharing knowledge, skills and experience within agreed bounds can take your organisation to the next level.
No matter who you are, where you’ve come from, or what you have achieved, a good mentor is an invaluable asset in business. The key is in finding a good mentor, someone not only with the wisdom and experience, but also an understanding of what mentoring is and is not about and a toolkit of techniques to ensure the conversations are meaningful.
With mentoring in its broadest context, the Mentee uses a Mentor as a sounding board for guidance on how best optimise their and long term career goals. Competent mentors listen and can empathise. Whilst they may use the skills of Coach and Counsellor, they are assertive, positive role models and, as they have no direct responsibility for the trainee, they can offer unbiased advice.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Explain the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Understand how to establish and build a productive mentoring relationship
- Describe a mentoring contract
- Understand how to structure a mentoring session
- Develop enhanced facilitation, coaching, counselling and feedback skills
- Adopt tools for overcoming obstacles to successful mentoring arising from personal, team and organisational issues
- Practise the skills of effective mentoring
- Develop a personal action plan
For prices and further information contact us today on 0845 177 1880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes