This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the Medical Centre by delivering customer service inwardly to practice staff and outwardly to patients. If you want to start a rewarding career then this job is for you!
- Gain an understanding of all systems to include : Emis Web, Docman, NHS Mail, smartcards
- To provide patients with an efficient and effective telephone-based reception service which includes:
- Making patient appointments ( same day, routine and cancellations)
- Allocation of triage appointments
- Giving routine test results
- Taking home visit requests
- Passing emergency calls i.e. chest pain/stroke to duty doctor
- General enquiries
- Resolving issues
- Complaint management and resolution
- Prescription queries
- Appointment and clinic changes
- To complete all associated administration in an accurate and timely manner
- To provide outstanding customer care at all times, both internally and externally
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols.
Job Responsibilities Administration:
- To provide support to the administration team / Practice Manager including tasks such as:
- Scan and file correspondence
- Shred confidential correspondence in accordance with practice protocol
- Use clinical system to identify patients requiring annual checks, and send invitations
- Answer telephone calls and either deal with the query or pass on to the appropriate person
- Initiate calls in order to resolve outstanding actions
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is observed at all times.
Training to be provided:
At level 3 City & Guilds Diploma In Bus Admin
Level 1 / 2 Functional Skills in Math & English
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
End Point Assessment