Every GP Practice needs an efficient team of administrators /receptionists who can ensure that every patients experience is a positive one! This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in the Health Care Sector as an Apprentice Business Administrator. If you want to play an integral part Primary Care at the Bromley Care Practice, then come and join us!
Job Responsibilities Administration:
- To provide support to the administration team / Practice Manager including tasks such as:
- Scan and file correspondence
- Shred confidential correspondence in accordance with practice protocol
- Use clinical system to identify patients requiring annual checks, and send invitations
- Answer telephone calls and either deal with the query or pass on to the appropriate person
- Initiate calls in order to resolve outstanding actions
Job Responsibilities Reception:
- To provide patients with an efficient and effective telephone-based reception service which includes:
- Making patient appointments (same day, routine and cancellations)
- Allocation of triage appointments
- Giving routine test results
- Taking home visit requests
- Passing emergency calls i.e. chest pain/stroke to duty doctor
- General enquiries
- Resolving issues
- Complaint management and resolution
- Prescription queries
- Appointment and clinic changes
- To complete all associated administration in an accurate and timely manner
- To provide outstanding customer care always, both internally and externally
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols.
Training to be provided:
At level 3 City & Guilds Diploma In Bus Admin
Level 1 / 2 Functional Skills in Math & English
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
End Point Assessment
Length of apprenticeship approximately 56 weeks.