Every GP Practice needs an efficient team of administrators /receptionists who can ensure that every patients experience is a positive one! This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in the Health Care Sector as an Apprentice Business Administrator. If you want to play an integral part in Primary Care at the Golden Valley Surgery, then come and join us!
Job Responsibilities Administration:
- To provide support to the administration team / Practice Manager including tasks such as:
- Scan and file daily correspondence
- Scanning correspondence, results & reports into patient records and workflow to the appropriate person.
- Retrieve and refile records as requested. Ensure records are kept neat & tidy and in good repair with all necessary information recorded on correctly on the outer cover.
- Shred confidential correspondence in accordance with practice protocol
- Use clinical system to identify patients requiring annual checks, and send invitations
- Answer telephone calls and either deal with the query or pass on to the appropriate person
- Initiate calls in order to resolve outstanding actions
- Secretarial Duties
Job Responsibilities Reception:
- To provide patients with an efficient and effective reception service which includes:
- Making patient appointments (same day, routine and cancellations)
- Allocation of triage appointments
- Processing of repeat prescription requests in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Handing completed prescriptions to patients and checking names and addresses.
- Giving routine test results
- General enquiries
- Resolving issues
- Prescription queries
- Appointment and clinic changes
- To complete all associated administration in an accurate and timely manner
- To provide outstanding customer care always, both internally and externally
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols.
Things to consider:
The surgery has a very infrequent bus service so it would be an advantage for you to have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle unless you are within walking distance.