There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist. This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health.
Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice, TBA
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
- Ensure those patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover, and ensure procedures are completed.
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Enter requests for home visits into the clinical system, ensuring to carefully record all relevant details and referring to duty doctor where necessary. And provide summaries where requested
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts
- for same.
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required.
- Patient notes and correspondence:
- Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc. are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen when required.
- Ensure records are kept in good repair, with all necessary information on the outside cover clearly visible.
- As part of the team make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff.
- Follow open up checklist at the start of the day when first to arrive, and make all necessary preparations to receive patients.
- When last to leave at the end of the day, follow end of day checklist and complete in full and accurately.
Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the partners or the practice manager.
- Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication
- Booking, amending, rescheduling and cancelling patient appointments
- Distributing prescriptions
- Action patient care follow- up arrangements as per clinicians instructions
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
- Providing patients with information about the Practice Services
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
- Arranging transport and home visits
- Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in correct order.
- Maintaining and updating the practice patient database.
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is observed at all times.
At level 2 City & Guilds Diploma In Customer Service Practitioner
Level 1 / 2 Functional Skills in Math & English
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills & End Point Assessment.