We are looking for someone to join a team who plays an integral part of a patient’s health and wellbeing journey as an apprentice receptionist/administration. You will deal with patients’ queries, liaising with clinical staff and external professionals using the practices bespoke database. You will need to have excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone. Have good IT and organisational skills. You will be fully trained and gain a qualification in Customer Service Practitioner.
- Managing patient requests in person, over the telephone and via written communication
- Booking, amending, rescheduling and cancelling patient appointments using the bespoke database
- Distributing prescriptions in accordance with the Practice policy and procedure
- Ensuring the messages on the answer machine are answered or passed to the appropriate person. Ensure that the out of hours is switched on an off at the appropriate times
- Action patient care follow- up arrangements as per clinicians instructions
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
- Providing patients with information about the Practice Services
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
- Arranging transport and home visits
- Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy
- Maintenance of filing systems and data input according to protocol for reports from outside agencies
- .Maintaining and updating the practice patient database
- Liaising with Doctors and other staff including Health visitors and District Nurses, staff from Social Services and Ambulances. Other GPs and locums.
- Completing administration tasks including typing referral letters and minute taking
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is observed at all times.
- Level 3 Business Administration