Every GP Practice needs an efficient & patient focused team of administrators / receptionists who can ensure that every patients experience is a positive one!
This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in the Health Care Sector by joining the team at Parsonage Surgery GP Practice in Bishops Stortford.
We are looking for an enthusiastic receptionist/administrator to join our friendly and busy team. We have a growing list size of 5750 patients & our dedicated staff have built an excellent reputation in meeting the needs of our patients. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication & organisational skills, with a good telephone manner and the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues appropriately.
Job Responsibilities Reception / Administration:
To provide outstanding patient care at all times, via an efficient and effective reception/admin service, both face to face and via email & telephone, which includes:
- Booking appointments for patients, face to face / by telephone or via email, handling requests for home visits and taking messages, ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Dealing appropriately with emergency calls i.e.chest pain, following surgery protocols
- Recognise patients needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
- To maintain patient and practice confidentiality at all times.
- Monitoring the waiting room and guiding patients to rooms, keeping the reception area, notice-boards, and leaflet dispensers tidy / free from obstructions and clutter.
- Processing and distributing incoming/outgoing mail.
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with surgery guidelines.
- Register new regular and temporary patients / updating the Organ/Blood donor register
- Dealing with requests for test results; being aware of the rules of confidentiality.
- Receive patient samples ensuring labelled correctly.
- Utilise scanning equipment and software to scan all incoming clinical letters / relevant documentation in order of urgency and date received
- Providing clerical assistance to surgery staff as required including word/data processing, filing, photocopying, using fax machine.
- Use clinical system to identify patients / send appointment invitations/reminders/DNA (did not attend letters)
- Taking payment and recording receipt of non NHS services as appropriate.
- Stocking of documentation to clinical rooms / reception and admin areas – re-ordering stock as required.
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required/requested; washing, drying up, keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy to enable cleaners can access, replenishing refreshments on regular basis from stock provided.
- Completing significant event reports as appropriate.
- Reporting of IT/ operation faults to facilities team
- Dealing with patient feedback in a timely fashion in line with complaints policy to minimise formal complaints.
- Staff may be asked to undertake Chaperone duties during clinical examinations – training will be provided.
- To work in accordance with Parsonage Surgery written protocols.
- Constant promotion of the surgery and its team to ensure positive and calm image.
- Attend team meetings / complete mandatory training as requested.
Any other duty that may be deemed necessary by the managment team
Level 3 Apprenticeship In Business Administration