- Greet patients and visitors to the practice
- Book in, amend and cancel patient appointment in line with practice appointments procedures ensuing optimum efficiency of the appointment system
- Ensure that patient’s without appointments but who need 'urgent consultations’ are booked into appropriate slots and referred to a GP where necessary
- Produce repeat prescriptions according to practice procedures and ensure timely distribution of completed prescriptions
- Ensure computerised appointment system is up-to-date.
- Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly.
- Work through the daily tasks
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and temporary residents, ensure procedures are completed.
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy
- Re-stocking of information leaflets as appropriate
- Undertake administration tasks as allocated by Senior Receptionist.
- Check emails on a daily basis and action as required
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation. You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties, which may be requested from time-to-time
- Work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and Practice Policy and Procedures
Training to be provided:
At level 2 City & Guilds Apprenticeship in Customer Service Practitioner
Level 1 / 2 Functional Skills in Math and English
End Point Assessment