Are you a self-starter?
Do you thrive on supporting learners to achieve?
As a Trainer/Assessor you will be responsible for managing a caseload of Apprentice learners within a geographical area. You will provide teaching, learning and assessment towards the learner’s timely achievement. You will work collaboratively with learners and employers to deliver an outstanding service.
Must be able to cover Sheffield and/or surrounding area
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver teaching, learning and assessment to support learners working towards the full Apprenticeship frameworks for Customer Service, Business Administration, Management and Team Leading
- Deliver teaching and learning to support learners achieve timely Functional Skills in Math’s and English to Level 2
- Perform the role of assessor in accordance with awarding body guidelines
- Deliver training and evaluate the effectiveness of all training.
- Motivate learners and provide and record regular support and guidance.
- Carry out regular progress reviews with employer/learner where required.
- Maintain and submit administrative tracking records.
- Manage retention and achievement of learners allocated to your caseload.
- Manage your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s need.
- Meet sales and marketing targets to actively recruit learners to grow your caseload.
- Identify progression opportunities.
- Use the e-portfolio system to drive learner performance.
- Attend standardisation activities as required.
- Ensure that SAR quality standards are adhered to, monitored and reviewed.
- Ensure the safeguarding and welfare of all learners, young and vulnerable persons.
- Promote Equality, Diversity and British Values through teaching sessions.
- Comply with relevant policies and legislation.
- Comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act.
- Assist with audits and compliance as required.
- Take responsibility and update your own professional development.
- Training experience
- Assessment in the workplace
- IT user/computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Able to work as an effective team member
- Able to prioritize and make decisions
- Use initiative and be highly flexible/adaptable
- Highly self-motivated and able to motivate/inspire confidence in others
- Health and Safety
- Equal Opportunities
- Functional skills
- Prevent, British Values and Safeguarding
- Thorough and proven knowledge of occupational standards/assessment strategy in the relevant sector
- TAQA, A1 or TDLB units D32 and D33
- Vocational qualification at Level 3 or above
- Full driving license and transport
- Level 2 English
- Level 2 Math’s
- Level 2 ICT
- PTLLS or equivalent