1. IntroductionProtecting your personal information is extremely import to us at Liga. This is a copy of our privacy notice which sets out how we use and protect your personal information. It will take effect during May 2018 and may be subject to change in the future. You can get a copy of the most recent version of this notice by looking on our website. When we talk about personal information we mean information about an individual that can identify them like their name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, unique learner number and telephone number. Any reference to “information” or “data” in this policy is a reference to personal information about a living individual. This privacy notice tells you how we collect and process your personal information when you make direct contact with Liga (UK) Ltd, use our Alliance social network, visit our website at www.ligauk.com or our associated Facebook and Twitter sites and when your details are referred to us from another organisation. It can relate to learners, suppliers, employers, employees, shareholders, business contacts and customers. Please take a few minutes to read this policy.
Your Data / Right to Know
Use this form to find out if we have any data stored on you from previous enquiries and/or remove any data related to your contact information from our database.
Liga (UK) Ltd is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data. By providing us with your data, you are confirming to us that you are over 16 years of age. We say this so that we are only collecting data from people who are mature enough to be able to understand and make decisions about who collects and uses their data. Please note that, unfortunately, sending information via e-mail is not completely secure so anything that you send to us using that method is at your own risk. Once received, we will secure your information in accordance with our security procedures and controls.
2. Contact DetailsLiga (UK) Ltd is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data. Legal Entity: Liga (UK) Ltd Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Postal address: Stadium House, Two Rivers Industrial Estate, Station Lane, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 4BH Telephone number: 0845 177 1880 If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data then we would ask that you contact us first so that we can try and resolve the matter for you. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk). This is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
3. AccuracyIt is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know as soon as possible if any of your information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
4. What data do we collect about you?Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual and so does not include anonymised data. Our systems collect a range of data:
- Profile data. E.g. usernames and passwords, interests, preferences and responses.
- Applications data. This includes information you have included on forms and applications
- Technical data. This may include login information, internet protocol addresses, browser types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and device information
- Usage data. This may include information about how you use our website, Alliance, Twitter, Facebook and any of our other services
- Marketing and communications. This may include your marketing and communication preferences
- Teaching and Learning data. This includes details relating to your course, such as the paperwork necessary to sign you up for the course, information that the Government requires us to collect, the teaching you have received, work you have submitted, records of meetings between you and your tutor, interactions with awarding bodies and end point assessment organisations and post course destination data. It would also include data about any reported incidents, safeguarding, learners at risk of withdrawing from their program of study or seeking a break in learning
- Funding Claims data. This includes the information we have to submit to the Education and Skills Funding Agency or Student Loans Company to secure the necessary funding for your course. We may also process aggregated data from your personal data in order for us to compile statistical data on matters such as learner destinations (where you go on to after finishing an apprenticeship or other training with us), withdrawal rates and success rates.
5. How we collect your personal data?We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions – You may provide details by filling in forms, whether face to face or on our website or other systems. You may provide it through face to face meetings with your tutor or other staff members, through telephone calls or e-mail including when you are entering surveys, giving us feedback, contacting us for details about our services, requesting resources or marketing materials be sent to you, creating accounts on our site, registering interest and applying for vacancies.
- Automated interactions – We collect data from our website using cookies and server logs. As you use our site we may automatically collect technical data about you, you browsing actions and usage patterns. It is possible that we may also receive data if you visit other websites that use our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources – We may receive personal data about you from various third party sources such as :
- provide you with products and/or services for which you have registered;
- undertake administration in relation to products and/or services for which you have registered;
- provide you with a certificate, credential or other record of learning;
- contact you directly in relation to our quality assurance processes, investigations, appeals, and complaints;
- contact you directly in relation to new and existing products, services, news, awards and events
- assess and provide reasonable adjustments in relation to your learning or assessment where requested
- perform a contract between us
- provide the necessary training, teaching and support for your course
- comply with the requirements of the Education and Skills Funding Agency, other Government agencies and inspection bodies such as OFSTED (and any bodies that replace them)
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services- for the efficiency of our systems and information management. This includes Smart Assessor –the information management system that our Learners, Employers and Tutors use
- Awarding bodies such as City and Guilds and ILM – so you can receive a qualification and engage with their quality assurance programmes
- OFSTED in order for them to properly carry out their statutory inspections. This may also include surveys they ask us to send you.
- Education and Skills Funding Agency who ask us to collect data, including sensitive personal data, in their role of providing funding and quality assurance for apprenticeship training. This may also include surveys they ask us to send you.
- End point assessment organisations to enable them to book and carry out your end point assessment
- Internal and External quality assessors to enable assessment of the quality of provision we provide.
- Service providers contracted to us in connection with provision of learning, assessment, and training products and services such as markers, moderators, assessors, certification or credentialing providers, IT services and customer relationship management services
- Recruitment companies. In some circumstances we use specialist companies to assist us with our recruitment processes both internally and for apprenticeship positions.
- Professional advisers such as lawyers, accountants, bankers, auditors and insurers in order to obtain accurate advice, obtain insurance cover , comply with relevant legislation and deal with disputes
- HM Revenue and customs, regulators and other authorities based in the UK who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
- Where there is a legal or regulatory requirement to share your personal information or otherwise for the prevention or detection of fraud or crime
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets, in which case we’ll disclose your personal data to the prospective or actual buyer of such business or assets
Lawful basis for processing
|To register you as a student or customer||Performance of a contract with you|
|To manage our relationship with you||Performance of a contract and for our legitimate interest|
|To manage payments, fees and Charges including collecting and recovering Money owed to us||Performance of a contract, for our legitimate interest and to comply with relevant legislation|
|To notify you about changes to our Terms and conditions or policies or asking you to leave a review or take a survey||Necessary for keeping our legitimate records updated Necessary for performance of a contract|
|To deliver relevant content to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising and to grow the business (including data analytics)||Necessary for our legitimate interests|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may be of interest to you||Necessary for our legitimate interests and to grow the business|
|To deliver training and assessment||For performance of a contract and for our legitimate interests|
7. Marketing CommunicationsYou will receive marketing communications from us if you have: – Requested information from us – Purchased services from us – Received training from us – Entered a competition or a survey And in each case have either opted in to receive that communication or you were in a relationship with us before 25th May 2018 and you have not opted out of receiving that communication. We will get your express consent to opt-in before we share your details with any third party for marketing purposes. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing materials or communications at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that opting out of marketing communications will not prevent us using personal data that you have supplied for other purposes such as performance of a contract or training.
8. Change of PurposeWe will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it, unless we reasonably conclude that it can be used for another purpose and that purpose is compatible with the original purpose
10. Data RetentionWe will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. In the case of training records, learning records and information supplied for the purposes of obtaining funding (including government funding), we are required by the government to keep records for 7 years. We will retain personal data relating to our quality assurance processes, appeals, complaints or investigations for a period of 7 years to ensure we are able to comply with any contractual, legal, audit and other regulatory requirements, or any orders from competent courts or authorities.
Where do we store your personal data and how is it protected?We have a mixture of paper records and computerized records. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss or destruction. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those in the business (or other third parties) who have a need to know. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so. All Liga UK employees are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
11. Your legal rightsUnder certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data to:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. (This right is the reason for this privacy notice)
- Request access to the personal data we hold about you
- Request correction of your personal data if that data is inaccurate
- Request erasure of your personal data (sometimes referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten’) .Please note that this right will only apply where, for example, we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, you withdraw your consent if we’re using your personal data based on that consent or where you object to the way we use your data and there is no overriding legitimate interest.
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Withdraw consent where we’re relying on it to use your personal data